Palette Knife Magic
- paint the magic -
11th - 12th November, 2023 (2 days)
at my Buderim studio - Sunshine Coast
Learn heaps of palette knife skills and techniques. Packed with lots of essential information and generous amounts of painting tips as you explore dynamic mark, adding mediums for easier painting and better results. Focus on composition, proportions and discover the power of colour choices and textural effects and so much more… Simple but effective techniques you can confidently take away and use again at home.
Let’s get started using and applying palette knife painting techniques, innovative thinking, mark making, using mediums for better results. Begin thin and then add heavier paints for some amazing impasto (Heavy paint) effects. Then we jump into creating your very own ‘painting fantastic’ where you will apply what you are learning to your own painting.
Begin your second ‘painting fantastic’ with a whole days to complete it. Apply and consolidate your new learning as we also cover colour mixing, mediums and how to use, palette knife and brush techniques, textural effects and lots more, things that you just don’t get from books
You will learn:
- Creative painting fundamentals using palette knife explained
- Understanding & apply good composition. Dynamic mark making.
- What makes a great painting & how to achieve using palette knife?
- How to prepare and get started.?
- Essential techniques explained & applied. How to include paint mediums.
- How to interpret photo reference - what to use, what to leave out & why.?
- Apply your new creative process for visually exciting paintings.
Here is what you get:
- Your class reference photo
- How to get the best from Acrylic paints and mediums
- Easy to learn and understand concepts using palette knife painting techniques
- Learn how to recognize, capture and paint essential aspects of your subject using my
simple and practical methods
- Heaps of one-on-one instruction as student numbers are always limited
- Live in-class painting demonstrations by myself to show you how it’s done
- Heaps of practical painting tips & tricks, palette knife & brush technique, and lots
- Gain confidence and grow new painting skills you can confidently use again at home
- Conducted at my home/studio which offers great natural light for painting
- I supply morning & afternoon tea & coffee with delicious snacks & treats.. Yumm.!