Paint With Dynamic Light
- creating visually exciting paintings -
8th - 12th January, 2024 (5 days)
at my Buderim studio - Sunshine Coast
5 fabulous days of painting and creating bliss. Become energized, be challenged, get excited and have a great time painting some amazing paintings as we explore together some of the many aspects of making a good painting. Lots of painting time here filled with heaps of tips and tricks I have learnt over the past 46 years as an artist and I want to share with you. Like minded artists on an amazing artistic journey of discovery and learning. Lots of good stuff here as we focus on composition, proportions, dynamic cropping for best use of photo reference (what to use, what to leave out and why.?) Easy to learn skills and techniques which you can confidently take away and use again at home.
(All student levels welcome)
“Exploring elements of the Creative Process”
Let’s get started by looking at the various elements of the creative and painting processes making them more manageable and easier to understand and apply.
Once we have the creative process fundamentals sorted, then you jump straight into your very own ‘painting fantastic’ where you will apply what you are learning to your own painting..
Day 3, 4, 5..
Now you have a much better idea about the creative process (from Days 1 & 2 exercises) and how to apply to your own art, you will begin your second ‘painting fantastic’ and you have 3 whole days to complete it applying and consolidating what you have learnt already..
You will learn:
- Creative process fundamentals explained
- Understanding & apply good composition
- What makes a great painting & how to achieve?
- How to prepare and get started.?
- Essential techniques explained & applied
- How to interpret photos - what to use, what to leave out & why.?
- Apply your new creative process for visually exciting paintings
Here is what you get:
- Your class reference photo
- How to get the best from Acrylic paints and mediums
- Easy to learn and understand concepts using painting exercises
- Learn how to recognize, capture and paint aspects of your subject
- Heaps of one-on-one instruction as student numbers are always limited
- Live in-class painting demonstrations by myself to show you how it’s done
- Heaps of practical painting tips & tricks, brush technique, palette knife and lots more
- Gain confidence and grow new painting skills you can confidently use again at home
- Conducted at my home/studio which offers great natural light for painting
- I supply morning & afternoon tea & coffee with delicious snacks & treats.. Yumm.!